TARTS AND TERRIERS – Wanting to make peace with Rory (Alexis Bledel), Christopher (David Sutcliffe) shows up at Yale, but she brushes off his attempt at reconciliation. When Lorelai (Lauren Graham) learns that Christopher's father passed away, she spends an evening at his place trying to console him, then neglects to tell Luke (Scott Patterson) the truth about where she was.
Meanwhile, Emily (Kelly Bishop) and Richard (Edward Herrmann) are briefly reconciled when they take in a lost dog. Finally, Luke brings Lorelai her own portable skating pond, and the Stars Hollow annual Revolutionary War re-enactment takes on a racy new twist.
Lorelai falls out of love with snow after her car becomes buried under it. Emily and Richard happen upon a stray dog which brings them closer together. Stars Hollow re-enacts a battle, with Kirk as the substitute whore. Christopher visits Rory at Yale, in a slightly manic mood, attempting to fix their relationship but Rory blows him off. However when Christopher's father dies, Rory reconciles with her father and she and Lorelai comfort him over his father's death. Lorelai hides that fact that she spent all night at Christopher's place from Luke, despite the fact that nothing had happened that night except heavy drinking and increasingly silly dialogue.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
- Liz Torres as Miss Patty
- Michael Winters as Taylor Doose
- Mike Gandolfi as Andrew
- Rini Bell as Lulu Kuschner
- Jim Jansen as Reverend Archie Skinner
- Dion Anderson as Burt
- Steve Eastin as Sy
- Luke's dad, William Danes, built an ice rink for Luke when he was a kid and into hockey.
- Rory and Christopher reconcile.