WHAT'S IN A NAME? — Richard (Edward Herrmann) tries to get information from Logan (Matt Czuchry) about Rory's (Alexis Bledel) future plans, but Logan mistakenly thinks that Richard is asking when the two of them plan to marry. Lorelai (Lauren Graham) is in favor of Taylor's (Michael Winters) plan to change all the Stars Hollow street names back to their original historic names, until she learns that the street where the Dragonfly Inn is located was once known by a disgusting name. Rory makes a surprising confession to Logan. Richard finally faces the fact that he should never have let Rory drop out of Yale, and shows up at Lorelai's house to talk things over.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- Matt Czuchry as Logan Huntzberger
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
- Sam Menning as Edgar Pullings
- Kurt David Anderson as Courier
- Rich DiDonato as Dad
- Delaney Gaines as Little Girl
- Welcome to the Dollhouse
- Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
- The Godfather
- Norma Rae
- Sixteen Candles
- Emily – You're missing Katie Couric.
- Emily – Arthur Godfrey was their spokesman.
- Logan – It's not just a purse. It's a Birkin bag.
- Richard – We're missing Charlie Rose.
- Lorelai – I'm "crash-landed in the Andes, eat my teammates" starved.
- Richard – It's usually at this point in the John le Carré novels where things start to go horribly wrong.
- Emily – It's Goodwill, Lorelai, not Sotheby's.
- Logan – No. This is cool. I got a tree stump I can use as a boost out here. Or you can let down your hair.
Notes and references
- Final appearance of Andrew