The Gilmore girls share Rory's (Alexis Bledel) first day at Yale University by moving Rory into her dorm, where she meets a strange new roommate, Tanna Schrick (guest star Olivia Hack) and learns that her old adversary, Paris (Liza Weil), will also be sharing her room. Overwhelmed with excitement, Rory is also embarrassed to find that she isn't quite ready to let Lorelai (Lauren Graham) go. Meanwhile, Luke (Scott Patterson) continues to wrestle with the aftermath of his disastrous cruise with Nicole.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Robert Cicchini as Russell Bynes
- Alan Oppenheimer as Mr. Blodgett
- Howard S. Miller as Mr. Stein #1
- Allan Wasserman as Mr. Stein #2
- Aris Alvarado as Caesar
- Joy Darash as Tess
- Nicole Mansour as Diane
- Aasha Davis as Susan
- Mitch Silpa as Terrence
- Jake Bern as Ice Cream Boy
- Garret Edington as Pizza Delivery Guy
- Grace McLaughlin as Claudia
- Drew Ferrandini as Older Student
- While getting ready to leave, Lorelai and Rory discuss various people they could superimpose in a picture of Rory. They debate over whether two of them, Lady Bird Johnson and Pat Summerall, are dead. At the time, both were still living, but Lady Bird Johnson later died in 2007 and Pat Summerall in 2013.
- tell her what she wants to know | SAM PHILLIPS
- bright future in sales | FOUNTAINS OF WAYNE
- you can't hurry love | THE SUPREMES
- one is the loneliest number | HARRY NILSSON
- Rory – You're having serious Annie Leibovitz delusions here.
- Lorelai – I'll put it on the computer and then superimpose an important person standing next to you, seeing you off, like Kissinger or Lady Bird Johnson or Pat Summerall
- Rory – Pat Summerall?
- Lorelai – You think of somebody better
- Rory – Orson Welles
- Luke – His name is Don Dewey. He is from the firm Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe
- Lorelai – Tanna, how old are you?
- Tanna – Sixteen.
- Rory – Sixteen?
- Tanna – On Tuesday.
- Lorelai – Happy birthday, Doogie
- Lorelai – I could show you his place upstairs. You half expect Hare Krishnas to jump out of the bathroom banging tambourines.
- Lorelai – That's the Yale-supplied mattress that has microbes in it that date back to Henry Box Brown.
- Luke – We've been here before.
- Lorelai – I recognize that tree
- Rory – My nose, it feels like clay.
- Rory – And Terrence, her life coach.
- Lorelai – Like on Oprah?
- Lorelai – He's probably busy taping his Carmen Electra poster up on the ceiling above his bed.
- Lorelai – You cannot host your much-anticipated "Salute to Barry White" night without a disco ball.
- Rory – I look like Keith Richards at Altamont.