What do you say when there's nothing to talk about? Rory's first college date is a dud. Meanwhile, Lorelai asks Luke to take Rory's place in a Gilmore tradition: Movie Night.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Chris Eigeman as Jason Stiles
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- Sally Struthers as Babette Dell
- Karl T. Wright as Professor
- David Rogers as Trevor
- Wayne Wilcox as Marty
- Traci Lords as Natalie Zimmermann
- Alan Simpson as Keebler
- Annalea Rawicz as Maid
- Peter Klausner as William
- Toby Smith as Hostess
- Mike Henry as Ed
- Kimi Reichenberg as Heather
- Adam Shapiro as Sugarman
- When Rory's date asks if she has any siblings, she says no. This is not true, however. Rory has a half-sister, Georgia "Gigi" Hayden, who's a little less than a year old at the time of the episode.
- shadow dancing | ANDY GIBB
- rusholme ruffians | THE SMITHS
- The Sun Also Rises, by Ernest Hemingway
- The Snows of Kilimanjaro, by Ernest Hemingway
- Tender Is The Night, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Bonnie and Clyde
- It Happened One Night
- His Girl Friday
- Treasure of the Sierra Madre
- Mr. and Mrs. Bridge mentioned by Luke
- The Poseidon Adventure
- Grey Gardens
- Sex and the City mentioned by Emily
- Paris – Charlie tried the same tricks on our boys at Khe Sanh, and let me tell you, if she keeps this up, I am not gonna be responsible for what happens.
- Trevor – Rory's right. The book's about a guy who can't sleep with the woman he loves. It's not some Woody Guthrie song.
- Lorelai – I've always loved horses, ever since I was a little girl, and now I finally have a grown-up excuse to buy a pony.
- Luke – Great. Listen, National Velvet, you have to move this stuff out of here.
- Lorelai – He's trying to steal "The World's Grumpiest Diner Guy" title from Mel.
- Natalie – Small world, isn't it?
- Lorelai – Yes, yes. Really small. About the same square footage as that box they threw McCain in.
- Luke – Look out, Jason and Freddy!
- Lorelai – Days. You've been stomping around, barking at people for days.
- Luke – I have not.
- Lorelai – Yes, Cujo, you have.
- Luke – I always talk to people like that.
- Lorelai – No, Benji, you don't.
- Luke – I'll be fine tomorrow.
- Lorelai – Really, Lassie? Why is that?
- Emily – You will not dress her up in one of your Sex and the City ensembles.
- Lorelai – Okay, just one more warning. When they showed the first motion picture over a hundred years ago, it featured a train rushing toward the camera, and, um, people were so sure the train was going to burst off the screen and crush them, that they ran away in terror. Now, Luke, the train is not going to leave the screen.
Notes and references
- Cohn is credited as 'Josh'