When Stars Hollow puts on the "Festival of Living Art," an event in which the townspeople stage famous paintings, Rory (Alexis Bledel) appears in "Portrait of a Young Girl Named Antea," Lorelai (Lauren Graham) plays the beauty in Renoir's "The Dance at Bougival," while Kirk is Jesus in "The Last Supper." Meanwhile, Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) panics about going past her delivery date and Lorelai calms her down with stories of the night Rory was born. Nicole (guest star Tricia O'Kelley) tells Luke (Scott Patterson) she wants to hold off on the divorce and give their relationship a chance. Lane (Keiko Agena) finds a great guitarist (guest star Sebastian Bach of the band Skid Row), but he is a good deal older than everyone else in the band.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
Special Guest Star
- Liz Torres as Miss Patty
- Jackson Douglas as Jackson Belleville
- Todd Lowe as Zack Van Gerbig
- John Cabrera as Brian Fuller
- Michael Winters as Taylor Doose
- Sally Struthers as Babette Dell
- Nick Offerman as Beau Belleville
- Tricia O'Kelley as Nicole Leahy
- Grant Lee Phillips as Town Troubadour
- Mike Gandolfi as Andrew
- Rusty Schwimmer as Bruce
- Brian Berke as Joe
- Rini Bell as Lulu Kuschner
- Lynda Scarlino as Buff Otis
- Gabriel Brock as Chinese Acrobat
- The episode won an Emmy for Outstanding Make-Up For A Series.
- Lane invites Gil to join the band.
- Kirk and Lulu are now dating.
- the entertainer | SCOTT JOPLIN
|PORTRAIT OF A YOUNG GIRL NAMED ANTHEA
|THE LAST SUPPER|
Leonardo da Vinci
|DANCE AT BOUGIVAL|
- The Bible
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Oscar Wilde, general author reference
- Sookie – Leave Oscar Wilde here to his reading.
- Lane – I've already figured out that our Spin cover should be against a blood-red backdrop with a skull hovering over us.
- Lorelai – Well, very Norman Rockwell.
- Lorelai – You better do what John Ashcroft says or they may just follow us home.
- Lane – We could dress him up like Angus Young in AC/DC, that school boy outfit.
- Brian – He could have seen AC/DC with their original lead singer.
- Zack – And 1980 is when that guy choked on his own vomit.
- Lorelai – The magazine I was reading that night with a special feature on who's hotter Andrew McCarthy or Emilio Estevez.
- Lorelai – You might want to check that Gumby-Pokey watch, Kirk.
- Taylor – ... of our former ally France
- Rory – You ready for your close-up, Miss Desmond?
- Lorelai – I'm a Weeble, and Weebles wobble.