Surprise, surprise! Rory and Paris finally hear from Harvard – with surprising results. Lorelai and Max meet again, with surprising consequences. And Sookie's taste buds misfire… for a surprising reason.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Jared Padalecki as Dean Forester
- Milo Ventimiglia as Jess Mariano
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
- Jackson Douglas as Jackson Belleville
- Scott Cohen as Max Medina
- Shelly Cole as Madeline Lynn
- Teal Redmann as Louise Grant
- Dakin Matthews as Hanlin Charleston
- Adam Wylie as Brad Langford
- Jill Matson as Teacher
- Sookie's pregnant.
- Paris doesn't get accepted to Harvard.
- Rory gets a bundle of acceptance letters.
- First appearance of Max since early Season 2.
- Richard has Friday Night Dinner alone with the girls and later attends the Chilton bicentennial with Lorelai, to hear Rory's speech.
- I'm with the Band by Pamela Des Barres
- Rory – Guess I've got time to tie my shoes.
- Lorelai – Yes, well, cobble yourself a new pair, Daniel Day-Lewis.
- Lorelai – I had made little doodles with my name hidden in them on each one of the old menus, just like Hirschfeld.
- Teacher – And we welcome back Brad, who's fresh from Broadway after a successful year's run of Into the Woods!
- Paris – Sit down, Mary Martin.
- Brad – Nathan Lane is a very bitter man.
- Paris – I'm thrilled to hear it, Chita Rivera.
- Paris – I'm only saying it won't be a totally satisfying victory just beating Jerome Robbins and the rest of the losers here. I'd really like to take you down also.
- Sookie – "You haven't lived until you've eaten their food," says Ruth Reichl.
- Lorelai – She’ll be on C-SPAN if she does.
- Lorelai – It’s like watching the Men’s Wearhouse security camera.
- Paris – Well, look who's suddenly decided to become Kofi Annan.
- Paris – Even if I was the Billy Carter of the family, the name is still supposed to carry some weight.
- Max – I must say, I've been a teacher for 10 years now, and it wasn't until today I realized it must be really hard to be a girl.
- Lorelai – And with the invention of Sephora, really expensive, too.