- ‶There is no use for a lava lamp unless you're on drugs″
- —Every day he's Tayloring[src]
Taylor is the owner of Doose's Market, and an old-fashioned soda shop. He also runs the town meetings as town selectman. He has a fussy manner and frequently acts as the foil to Luke Danes. He is the most politically powerful person in the small community of Stars Hollow, and much of the humor of the character comes from his overblown self-importance, and his troublesome initiatives as town leader. Taylor is also a member of the Town Beautification Committee. He has a niece, Bonnie, who works at Doose's Market and couldn't care less about her job.
- Although Taylor didn't appear in the series until episode 7, he is first mentioned in the pilot.
- Taylor was slowly trying to buy up the town in order to accommodate his desire to control everyone and everything going on in Stars Hollow.
- Taylor has a sister, who lives in Woodbridge.
- He's religious and doesn't believe in evolution.
- Taylor excels at basketball and was once referred to as Taylor "Deuce" Doose.
- He also has a past of using bad ideas to attract tourism to the town like unleashing hundred bats to get rid of all the mosquitoes in stars hollow. Which obviously resulted in bats terrorizing and presumably infecting people and wreaking havoc and Destruction on the roadways and driving to other towns and giving children candy for free which obviously resulted in him being wanted in several towns by the law.
- In the revival, it is suggested that Taylor is gay.