- ❝ Luke – She picked you
- Jess – God knows why
- Luke – She knows, that’s all that matters❞
Lorelai takes Manhattan with Alex, Sookie, and Jackson. But she's concerned about leaving Rory and Jess alone. Not to worry. After the young lovers have a major blowout at Emily's, Jess walks out.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Jared Padalecki as Dean Forester
- Milo Ventimiglia as Jess Mariano
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
Special Guest Star
- Liz Torres as Miss Patty
- Emily Kuroda as Mrs. Kim
- Jackson Douglas as Jackson Belleville
- Adam Brody as Dave Rygalski
- Todd Lowe as Zack Van Gerbig
- John Cabrera as Brian Fuller
- in a young man's mind | MOONEY SUZUKI
- one for my baby | FRANK SINATRA
- baba o'riley | THE WHO
- new york mining disaster | THE BEE GEES
- The Holy Barbarians by Lawrence Lipton
- Easter Parade
- Lord of the Rings
- The Little Rascals
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Gone with the Wind
- Lorelai – Hey, you know what Gran needs?
- Emily – What?
- Lorelai – A fella.
- Rory – With or without an umbrella.
- Lorelai – It's like a Dean Martin roast.
- Rory – Those are never funny to me.
- Lorelai – Yeah. They're mean.
- Rory – Except for Don Rickles.
- Lorelai – You and Dean have mutual friends in common that Rory and I don't? Who would that be? The Talbots, or that senior partner at Deloitte & Touche?
- Jess – Find somebody who vaguely resembles me, take him. Just don't kiss him goodnight.
- Rory – That's not going to work.
- Jess – Andy Warhol did it all the time.
- Miss Patty – Kind of like what Elaine Stritch did on Broadway, but without the bitterness.
- Miss Patty – Did you know that I once met the great Bette Davis? I was a chorus girl in a bus-and-truck tour of Guys and Dolls. Beantown. I love that town.
- Luke – Saw Hairspray last week.
- Lorelai – I cannot picture you watching Hairspray.
- Luke – It was okay. I liked The Producers better.
- Lorelai – Aren't we just a Broadway baby?
- Lorelai – I came up here for a book. It's one of Luke's.
- Jess – Well, if it doesn't have Encyclopedia Brown in the title, that narrows it down a lot.
- Luke – Rory and Jess?
- Lorelai – No. Ben and J. Lo.
- Lorelai – I knew each piece of clothing I had to bring, down to the Spice Girls necklace I plan to wear Saturday morning for breakfast because we agreed to keep it a little whimsical.
- Rory – So, not your Jonas Salk necklace.
- Rory – Your stretchy jeans and your Bunny Ranch T-shirt.
- Lorelai – You're guaranteed a great Norma Desmond-style breakfast the next morning.
- Alex – I saw Moose Murders. This stinks worse.
- Jess – Get a clue, Columbo.
Notes and references
- ↑ Last appearance of Alex Lesman