Rory tries to save the Stars Hollow Gazette from shutting down. Lorelai sits on the advisory committee for Taylor’s musical. Rory worries about Emily.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- Stars Hollow hosts a musical. Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino wrote the lyrics to the musical. Jeanine Tesori wrote the music.
- April makes an appearance. She's 22 now.
- Odette has now moved in with Logan. Rory wants to end their affair.
- Stars Hollow Gazette is shutting down after 81 years because the editor, Bernie Roundbottom, is retiring. Rory decides to save it and fills in as the editor.
- Jess visits Stars Hollow and comes to see Rory. He encourages her to write a book about her and Lorelai. She starts writing it, but then Lorelai says she disagrees with it.
- There is a secret bar in Stars Hollow that Taylor doesn't know about. Zack and Lane play there.
- Michel tells Lorelai he plans on leaving the Dragonfly Inn and gives her three months to find a replacement for him.
- There is a Thirty-Something gang that consists of people over 30 who are stuck in Stars Hollow after college without proper jobs. Their parents also meet to "go over their kids resumés, help them look for jobs and just be there for general support."
- Emily purchased a TV and stopped socializing as she used to, which worries Rory.
- Richard has gotten his 5th different gravestone, because according to Emily, there's always something wrong with it - as there is with this one.
- Luke and Lorelai fight because Lorelai didn't tell him about still going to therapy even after Emily quit and he didn't tell her he's been looking at real estate for franchising his diner with Emily. They also talk about how their lives seem separate even though they are together.
- This episode marks the last appearances of Taylor, Miss Patty, Babette and Morey, Zack, Doyle.