The show takes place in a fictional small town named Stars Hollow where Lorelai and Rory live in, created by Amy Sherman-Palladino. Lorelai came from a wealthy family with everything open to her, but ended up in the small town in Connecticut. Throughout the show you learn about how Stars Hollow was founded and how it was named.
The Revolutionary War plays a frequent role in the town's past. But what really makes this town so special are the people living there and the businesses that are very popular.
- Luke's Diner
- Kim's Antiques
- Miss Patty's School of Ballet
- Doose's Market
- Independence Inn
- Black-White-Read Bookstore
- Dragonfly Inn
- Weston Bakery
- Al's Pancake World
- Teriyaki Joe's
- Taylor's Olde Fashioned Soda Shoppe
- Stars Hollow Books
- Stars Hollow Video
- Stars Hollow Beauty Supply
- Stars Hollow Shoe Repair
- Jojo's Burgers
- Hewes Bros Gas & Service Station
- Le Chat Club
- Sophie's Music
- Stars Hollow Gazette
Here follows an estimate of the house prices in Stars Hollow.
- The population of Stars Hollow is 9,973.
- Streets were named Peach Street (where Dean lives) and 2nd Avenue, as examples, before Taylor Doose as Town Selectman changed the names back to those they had when the town was founded in 1779.
- The Dragonfly Inn is on 3rd Street.
- Lane lives on Elm Street.
- Map of Stars Hollow
- When you see a birds eye view of Stars Hollow it is the same picture that they use for Rosewood in Pretty Little Liars (2010)