CHANGES OF HEART – Richard (Edward Herrmann) and Emily (Kelly Bishop) return from their second honeymoon and Rory (Alexis Bledel) attends the customary Friday night dinner, but an angry Lorelai (Lauren Graham) refuses to see or speak to Emily. Rory surprises everyone with a rare outburst at her grandmother for interfering in Lorelai's love life. Miserable without Lorelai, Luke's (Scott Patterson) dark mood causes him to burn the food and throw any customers who complain out the door of the diner. Emily pays an unexpected visit to the diner to talk to Luke. Meanwhile, Lane (Keiko Agena) is horrified when she realizes that her mother has more influence over her than she thought.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
- Lane realises she has to wait to have sex until marriage.
- Emily comes to the diner to tell Luke that she won't interfere in his relationship with Lorelai again.