- ❝ Zack – When the Sex Pistols roomed together, no way did they have a night light
- Brian – You don't know that ❞
Conspicuous consumption. Hurt that Richard spends so much time on business, Emily hits the mall, dragging Lorelai and Rory in her wake. Plus: Lane moves into an apartment with her band mates.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
Special Guest Star
- Emily Kuroda as Mrs. Kim
- Biff Yeager as Tom
- Todd Lowe as Zack Van Gerbig
- John Cabrera as Brian Fuller
- Tawny Rene Hamilton as Theresa Lister
- Denice Kumagai as Jun
- Melanie Lora as Lisa
- John David Heffron as Salesman
- Todd Rhys-Roosevelt as Salesman #2
- Ernesta Mensah as Saleswoman
- Lane moves out of the Kim house.
- One of the few episodes where Emily and Lorelai have a real conversation.
- Lorelai – Don't worry, it's just a working title. Baz Luhrmann's directing.
- Lorelai – It's just when I picture letter writing, I picture Charles Dickens.
- Rory – How very The L-Word.
- Lorelai – No, I didn't, because our once-wonderful relationship -- envy of all the world, more intimate than that of the naked couple in the "love is..." cartoons -- has degenerated into e-mail correspondence.
- Christine – I love the floorboard thing! It's so Hogan's Heroes.
- Christine – I thought my mom was harsh, but your mom makes the guy from Joy Division look like one of the Teletubbies.
- Lorelai – This is the least amount of fun I've ever had, barring the time we went to Mummenschanz.
- Lorelai – "Emily the Strange" with the black cat and the boots made for kicking.
- Lorelai – Me wants them! My precious!!
Notes and references
- First and only appearance of Lane's cousin, Christine