Things couldn't be better/worse. The inn's test run is a success. Lorelai and Luke's fledgling romance takes wing. Emily and Richard's marriage is in shreds. Rory and Lorelai aren't talking after Rory's liaison with Dean.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
Special Guest Stars
- Liz Torres as Miss Patty
- Michael Winters as Taylor Doose
- Sally Struthers as Babette Dell
- Jackson Douglas as Jackson Belleville
- John Cabrera as Brian Fuller
- Todd Lowe as Zack Van Gerbig
- Arielle Kebbel as Lindsay Lister
- Rini Bell as Lulu Kuschner
- candy man | SAMMY DAVIS JR.
- rory and dean's song
- if I could write | SAM PHILLIPS
- end montage
- Richard – Emily, this feud of ours has now reached comical heights that Charlie Chaplin himself would find hilarious, and he's dead.
- Sookie – Hey! It's a party. What's everybody doing up?
- Lorelai – Aw, hey, good timing, Squiggy.
- Sookie – Call me Belinda, because my lips are sealed!
- Lorelai – You scared me!
- Emily – Like I'm Dracula.
- Emily – Who else did you tell?
- Lorelai – So, you haven't read Page Six?
- Rory – So, what is this, a Henry James novel? The young lady acts up, and her family ships her off to Europe?
- Lorelai – Well, if it isn't Dean Moriarty.
- Lorelai: Very chivalrous of you.
- Luke: Yeah, I'm a regular Lancelot.