Stuck in Stars Hollow while his car is being repaired, Jess (Milo Ventimiglia) keeps running into Rory (Alexis Bledel), but he walks away from her every time they meet. Luke tries to talk to Jess about Liz's (guest star Kathleen Wilhoite) new boyfriend T.J. (guest star Michael DeLuise), but Jess angrily tells Luke to stop interfering in everyone's life. When Lorelai (Lauren Graham) does Emily (Kelly Bishop) a favor by attending a charity dinner, she is pleasantly surprised when Jason (Chris Eigeman) also shows up and Emily asks them to pretend they are a couple. Finally, when Rory and Jess run into each other for the third time, Rory tries to be the one to walk away, but Jess stops her and makes a shocking confession.
- Jess tells Rory that he loves her.
- This marks the first time Rory and Jess meet since he left town, effectively ending their relationship.
- Lane follows Rory back to Stars Hollow and crashes on their couch.
- Liz remarks that the Firelight Festival hasn't changed since she and Luke were children.
- Luke and Liz's mom used to take them to the festival – their father, William, after she passed away.
- mona lisa | GRANT LEE PHILLIPS
- Lorelai – We've got a stranger in our house.
- Rory – Robert Downey, Jr.?
- Lorelai – Did anyone ever think that Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, she was just cold?
- Lorelai – So on a wigged-out level of one to ten, Mom is at –
- Rory – Frances Farmer?
- Speaker – Because without it, we would just be stuck rooting around Nag Hammadi.