Stuck in Stars Hollow while his car is being repaired, Jess (Milo Ventimiglia) keeps running into his ex girlfriend, Rory (Alexis Bledel), but he attempts to avoid her. Luke tries to talk to Jess about Liz's (guest star Kathleeen Whilhoite) new boyfriend T.J. (guest star Michael Deluise), but Jess rightfully tells Luke to stop interfering in everyone's life, When Lorelai (Lauren Graham) does Emily (Kelly Bishop) a favor by attending a charity dinner, she is pleasantly surprised when Jason (Chris Eigeman), her secret boyfriend, also shows up and Emily asks them to pretend they are a couple, not knowing they are really a couple. Finally, when Rory and Jess run into each other for the third time, Rory tries to be the one to walk away, but Jess stops her and makes an astonishing confession.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- Chris Eigeman as Jason Stiles
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
Special Guest Star
- Michael DeLuise as T.J.
- Sally Struthers as Babette Dell
- Rose Abdoo as Gypsy
- Jill Brennan as Carrie Duncan
- Grant Lee Phillips as Town Troubadour
- Brian Berke as Joe
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Liz Danes
- Lawrence Pressman as Floyd Stiles
- Jess tells Rory that he loves her.
- This marks the first time Rory and Jess meet since he left town, effectively ending their relationship.
- Lane follows Rory back to Stars Hollow and crashes on their couch
- Liz remarks that the Firelight Festival hasn't changed since she and Luke were children.
- Luke and Liz's mom used to take them to the festival – their father, William, after she passed away.
- mona lisa | GRANT LEE PHILLIPS
- Lorelai – We've got a stranger in our house.
- Rory – Robert Downey, Jr.?
- Lorelai – Did anyone ever think that Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, she was just cold?
- Lorelai – So on a wigged-out level of one to ten, Mom is at –
- Rory – Frances Farmer?
- Speaker – Because without it, we would just be stuck rooting around Nag Hammadi.