LUKE AND CHRISTOPHER COME TO BLOWS – Luke (Scott Patterson) and Lorelai (Lauren Graham) share a sweet moment when Luke introduces her to Liz's new baby. Christopher (David Sutcliffe) witnesses the scene and it adds to his concern that Lorelai isn't fully committed to their marriage. The next day, Lorelai and Christopher get into a fight over whether they should exchange vows at the elaborate wedding party Emily (Kelly Bishop) is throwing for them. Luke contacts a lawyer over his custody troubles with Anna, then runs into Christopher and the two have an ugly confrontation in the streets of Stars Hollow. Meanwhile, when Logan (Matt Czuchry) discovers that Rory and Marty (Wayne Wilcox) have been pretending that they just met, rather than admitting their previous friendship to Lucy (Krysten Ritter), he reveals the truth to Lucy. Finally, Emily gives Lorelai a warning about her marriage.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- Matt Czuchry as Logan Huntzberger
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
Special Guest Star
- Liz Torres as Miss Patty
- David Sutcliffe as Christopher Hayden
- Aris Alvarado as Caesar
- Krysten Ritter as Lucy
- Michelle Ongkingco as Olivia
- Duck Soup
- Randall – Oh, stop. You're talking to an opera man. I've worked with Renée Fleming. The personality of a pitbull, that one, but all is forgiven when she sings, am I right?
- Randall – I must admit I have a soft spot, for it was while I was doing La bohème at the Staatsoper in Vienna that I met the incomparable Franco Zeffirelli, whose meticulous attention to detail has been a yardstick for which I measure all my work.
- Lorelai – What about, instead of La bohème, we took our inspiration from Rent – East Village, 1985, rickety tables, chipped glassware?
- Lucy – I have art history in a few minutes, and my professor sounds like Garrison Keillor on Quaaludes, so I need a constant intake of sugar just to stay awake.
- Logan – Thanks, although Al Gore and I are still negotiating so it's not a done deal yet.
- Lorelai – I have no idea. Mars and Venus, you know?