- ‶ Jess – I don't hate you. I came here because of you
- Luke – Stop that
- Jess – You said it was important to you″
The least-likely person to buy self-help tapes buys self-help tapes. And what do you know? They help. Thanks to the voice from the boom box, Luke finally realizes what will make him happy.
Jackson's devotion to his wife and her famous zucchini soup sets the stage for the perfect antidote to the stress surrounding the opening of the Inn. Luke unwittingly comes to the rescue when Sookie tries to set Lorelai up with the poultry supplier. Liz returns to Stars Hollow to announce that she's getting married in the town square in a week. Paris and Asher decide to travel to England together during the summer. T.J. has a tumultuous bachelor party. At Luke's request, Jess changes his mind about attending his mother's wedding and returns to Stars Hollow for the festivities. Rory tries to hide her discomfort when Lorelai tells her about overhearing a fight between Dean and Lindsay. A self-help tape helps Luke clarify his thinking, and a talk with Jess gets him started on the path to having the relationship he's been looking for all along.
Special Guest Stars
- Andrew – What've you got there Luke, porn?
- Luke – You sell porn?
- Andrew – No!
- Luke – You think I brought my own porn in here to buy?
- Luke finally realises he's in love with Lorelai
- Jess is hurt that Rory never responded to him saying 'I love you'.
- Paris – You were gonna ask him after class, but Toby from American Splendor wouldn't stop yapping and you couldn't.
- Rory – Well, Annie Sullivan, look at you go.
- Jess – What? In a Bette Midler movie?
- Lorelai — Anne Bancroft wrote and directed it