With graduation looming, Rory (Alexis Bledel) is anxiety-ridden over her future, so Lorelai (Lauren Graham) tries to cheer her up with a day of eating and shopping. Lorelai notices happily that Luke (Scott Patterson) is once again wearing the baseball cap she gave him, and invites him to join her and Rory for karaoke night at a local bar. After a few drinks, Lorelai takes the stage to sing a heartfelt number which is obviously directed at Luke. Logan returns from a business trip to California and comes to see Lorelai to discuss his future with Rory.
This is the 14th (and final) episode with the name 'Lorelai' in its title.
- Dead Calm
- Open Water
- Das Boot
- The Sound of Music
- "My Funny Valentine"
- "Down with Love"
- Weird Al
- Tokyo Police Club
- "Jagged Little Pill" by Alanis Morisette
- "Friendship" by Kay Kyser
- "Fever" by Peggy Lee
- "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" by Culture Club
- "I Will Always Love You" by Dolly Parton/Whitney Houston
- Top Chef
- Star Search
- Lorelai – I don’t know. How many ounces can you take on the plane? Two? Three? I forget.
- Doyle – Padma is fine.
- Paris – Cookbooks, Doyle. Her husband wrote The Satanic Verses, and all you'd want to talk about is cookbooks.
- Doyle – I like Top Chef.
- Lorelai – Well, you do look great, dad. Very Lance Armstrong.
- Emily – I'm sure it's nepotism. If your name isn't Keller or Sulzberger, you may as well not even apply.
- Babette – "My Funny Valentine" – it doesn't work. It's April already. What about "Down with Love?"
- Miss Patty – People don’t listen to music for irony.
- Babette – What about Weird Al?
- Babette – It's for my throat. Gives it a rougher quality, a husky sound, sort of like Debbie Harry meets Ethel Merman!
- Lorelai – So? Anything could go wrong! You're on a boat in the water in the middle of nowhere. Haven't you seen Dead Calm, Open Water, Das Boot?
- Miss Patty and Babette – So long! Farewell! Auf Wiedersehen, goodbye!
- Lane – From Vapor Rub? Yeah we saw them play last year at the Mercury Lounge.
- Zack – Just wait. When we're in Philly and D.C., we're gonna be opening for Tokyo Police Club.
- Lorelai – Alanis Morissette.
- Lorelai – In Canada. She was on Star Search. She dated Dave Coulier. She struggled a lot before Jagged Little Pill.
- Lorelai – Jackson Pollock.
- Zack – I’m just saying, if you're gonna do Boy George, at least commit to the high heels and the makeup.