Rory (Alexis Bledel) realizes she is perceived as a loner, and her reluctant efforts to socialize land her in the most popular clique at Chilton, while Lorelai (Lauren Graham) volunteers the Inn as a venue for a Chilton fund-raising fashion show and is horrified to find herself modeling matching outfits with her mother, Emily (Kelly Bishop).
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Jared Padalecki as Dean Forester
- Milo Ventimiglia as Jess Mariano
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- Dakin Matthews as Hanlin Charleston
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- Emily Bergl as Francie Jarvis
- Agatha Drake as Ivy
- Hilary Angelo as Lemon
- Madeline Zima as Lisa
- Brenda Strong as Eva
- Nicole Eggert as Aubrey
- Katie Layman as Ginger
- Shannon Cochran as Meena
- First mention of The Puffs and The Booster Club.
- When Lorelai tells Rory to put on her cake pajamas, they are the Nick & Nora Sweet Dreams Full Length Pajamas.
- know your onion | THE SHINS
- girls just wanna have fun | CYNDI LAUPER
- it's alright, baby | KOMEDA
- looks like we made it | BARRY MANILOW
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
- The Last Empire: Essays 1992 - 2000 by Gore Vidal
- Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Millay by Nancy Milford
- The Collected Stories of Eudora Welty by Eudora Welty
- Snow White and Rose Red by the Brothers Grimm
- Anne Sexton, general author reference
- The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells
- Memoirs of a Dutiful Daughter by Simone de Beauvoir
- The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo
- Rain Man
- Freaky Friday
- Coming Home
- The Wizard of Oz
- The Matrix
- The Outsiders, the "soc" reference from Lorelai to Rory
- Lorelai – Maybe he has a secret life -- Maybe he's got a little chippie stowed away in Mount Pilot!
- Rory – Suddenly I'm living with Zsa Zsa Gabor
- Lorelai – Yeah, look Fat Albert. Get me a soda.
- Rory – Paris, it's not the Cosa Nostra
- Rory – Sandra Day O'Connor was a Puff?
- Francie – Well, no one has proof. It's just folklore.
- Ivy – Like Snow-White and Rose-Red
- Francie – Or Mariah Carey's crackup.
- Rory – I tell ya, she's a regular Gary Mule Deer
- Rory – (about the Puffs' oath) Anne Sexton, right?
- Francie – [[wikipedia:Gypsy_(musical)|Sing out Louise!]
- Rory – I end up here with the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
Notes and references
- First appearance of Francie Jarvis.