Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Rory (Alexis Bledel) join Richard (Edward Herrmann) and Emily (Kelly Bishop) on a trip to visit Yale, but things turn ugly when Richard surprises everyone with the news that he has arranged an interview for Rory with the Dean of Admissions. Luke (Scott Patterson) lays down the law to Jess (Milo Ventimiglia) about his relationship with Rory.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Jared Padalecki as Dean Forester
- Milo Ventimiglia as Jess Mariano
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
- William Forward as Harris Fellows
- ❝ Lorelai – You know what, I’ve spent a lot of time and energy fighting the whole Jess thing. Rory’s made her choice, I want her to be happy. I’m just hoping for the best at this point
- Luke – Very romantic
- Lorelai – Says the man who yelled "Finally!" at the end of Love Story❞
- Richard proposed to Emily by a bench at Yale.
- money for nothing | DIRE STRAITS
- then she appeared | XTC
- jess and rory kiss
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- Rory mentions the Danish philosopher Søren Kierkegaard during the visit to Yale.
- Lorelai – We're lucky it wasn't snowing. It would've been the Donner Party all over again, but with slightly better hair.
- Lorelai – Luke, we need a couple of doughnuts, and some of those extra legs Heather Mills is sending over to Croatia.
- Rory – Think about something else.
- Lorelai – Like what?
- Rory – Something disgusting that will take your appetite away.
- Lorelai – Ari Fleischer?
- Lorelai – Mom, you know, if you’re not a little nicer to your help, you might find yourself in a Frank Lloyd Wright situation.
- Luke – (to Jess, about Rory) Any evidence of alcohol, cigarette smoke, or anything else that Nancy Reagan would find unacceptable, and you will not be allowed near her without an adult present.
- Lorelai – Never give her the opportunity to give you a thirty-minute lecture on how, if you’d brought the second bathing suit like she told you to, it wouldn’t have mattered that the first one’s strap broke in a freak pool slide incident that no one, including The Amazing Kreskin, could’ve predicted, you would’ve been covered.
- Emily – And then he’d talk about the paintings he had seen in Paris and the colors of Titian, and by the end of the date, you thought he was the most brilliant man in the entire world.
- Lorelai – (to Emily) That you were the Helena Bonham Carter of the society set?
- Emily – What can we do in a bathroom?
- Lorelai – Meet George Michael
- Rory – You gonna smoke that or mind melt with it?