When Christopher (David Sutcliffe) questions Lorelai (Lauren Graham) about why she has avoided involving him in the daily life of Stars Hollow, she admits her concern that her old friends may not accept him. Christopher makes an effort to bond with the townspeople, and Lorelai brings him to the town knitathon, where his well-intentioned gesture brings the event to an early end. When Olivia (Michelle Ongkingco) throws a 2002-themed birthday party for Lucy (Krysten Ritter), Rory (Alexis Bledel) gets her chance to confront Marty (Wayne Wilcox) about his coldness toward her. Finally, Luke (Scott Patterson) is touched by the birth of Liz (Kathleen Wilhoite) and T.J.'s (Michael DeLuise) baby, and when he learns that Anna (Sherilyn Fenn) is planning to move to New Mexico with April (Vanessa Marano), he demands equal rights as a parent.
Stars Hollow holds a knitathon to raise money. When Christopher questions Lorelai about why she has avoided involving him in the daily life of Stars Hollow, she admits her concern that her old friends may not accept him. Christopher makes an effort to bond with the townspeople, and Lorelai brings him to the town knitathon, where his well-intentioned gesture brings the event to an early end. Emily pushes for a wedding party for Christopher and Lorelai.
When Olivia throws a 2002-themed birthday party for Lucy, Rory gets her chance to confront Marty about his coldness toward her. Rory and Marty have some awkward moments, and it is clear Marty still has a thing for Rory. Finally, Luke is touched by the birth of Liz and T.J.’s baby, and when he learns that Anna is planning to move to New Mexico with April, to take care of her ailing mother, he demands equal rights as a parent.
- Rory moves in with Paris and Doyle.
- Liz gives birth to hers and T.J.'s daughter - Doula.
- Anna decides to move to New Mexico to her mother and wants to take April with her, but Luke makes it clear he's going to fight for his parental rights.
- Christopher tries to meet people in Stars Hollow, for instance, he has a beer with Jackson.
- Rory makes up with Marty, but it quickly gets weird again after he hits on her.
- Lucy celebrates her 21st birthday and has a 2002 themed birthday party.
- The Beatles
- J. Lo
- "Hot in Herre" by Nelly
- "Work It" by Missy Elliott
- "Get the Party Started" by P!nk
- A Brief History of Time
- A Tale of Two Cities
- Richard – Lorelai couldn't have been more than, what, 8 or 10 years old? But she was very definite about the whole thing. She looked me directly in the eye, and she said, "When I grow up, I'm going to marry Tip O'Neill!"
- Christopher – Well, good morning, Madame Defarge.
- Christopher – So what's for breakfast, Martha Stewart?
- Rory – Of course! And I have boots.
- Lucy – Oh my God, so did we!
- Olivia – We are gonna Ugg up!
- Luke – So, what are you up for tonight? I was thinking we could rent A Brief History of Time again. Maybe I'll understand something more than the credits.
- Lorelai – It's very Joaquin Phoenix at the Oscars.
- Lorelai – It was a great move – a Fred-and-Ginger-type move. It's just a brisk fall day.
- Marty – Can't you tell? I'm huge. I'm massive. I'm Marty Schwarzenegger.