A night at the fights, Rory has it out with Jess, and Lorelai goes a rhetorical round or two with Christopher. But Lorelai has another chance at swept-off-her-feet romance: Kirk asks her out on a date.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Jared Padalecki as Dean Forester
- Milo Ventimiglia as Jess Mariano
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- David Sutcliffe as Christopher Hayden
- Emily Bergl as Francie Jarvis
- Dakin Matthews as Hanlin Charleston
- Shelly Cole as Madeline Lynn
- Teal Redmann as Louise Grant
- The book that Jess is reading in the diner is "A Confederacy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole.
- The title of the episode comes from a scene in which Lorelai complains about having a cold. She says everyone gets a cold and she wishes she could wake up and say "Hey everybody I've got Haunted Leg."
- love is in the air | JOHN PAUL YOUNG
- surfin' bird | THE TRASHMEN
- Sister Sledge, "We Are Family" reference
- A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
- Lorelai – And apparently a big Annie Oakley fan.
- Michel – I am doing nothing. Ben, however, has dropped dead from laughter.
- Lorelai – I'll join a local community theater and I'll drive you to soccer. It'll work for many years, until the FBI comes to get me, and by that time you're on your own.
- Rory – I have something to tell you.
- Lorelai – Is it about Vince Foster?
- Lorelai – When I was in school Linda Lee was class treasurer and she could not keep her knees closed if they were magnetized. Hanes should have given her a endorsement deal.
- Sookie – You don't dictate to an artist, you don't tell him what to do. I mean, no one ever walked up to Degas and said, "Hey, pal, easy with the dancers, enough already. Draw a nice fruit bowl once in a while, will ya?"
- Lorelai – Rule number two – no pageboy haircuts.
- Lorelai: – Saying yes to lunch with my mother is like saying "Sounds fun!" to a ride with Clemenza.
- Francie – You're obviously the Meyer Lansky behind this organization.
- Francie – I want you to go back to Margaret Thatcher and tell her to play ball...she'll make Jimmy Carter look like Martin Sheen.
- Francie – Wise up, Goldilocks.
- Rory – What are we, French skating judges?
- Francie – This is politics. If you've got a problem, tell it to Noam Chomsky.
- Emily – How is your Caesar salad dressing prepared?
- Luke – I'd have to call Paul Newman and ask him.
- Madeline – ...and every year people wind up with those VH1 "Before they were stars" pictures, and I for one would like to stop the humiliation.
- Louise – Helmut Newton is my godfather.
- Paris – You want the first stand I make to be a fashion choice? It would be my gays in the military.
- Paris – But the next genius that comes up with a brilliant plan to put an Elizabeth Arden in the chemistry class can bite my ass.
- Jess – Plus the two of you walking around the other day like some damn Andy Hardy movie.