While the whole town is busy making arrangements for Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Max's (Scott Cohen) wedding, Lorelai finally tells Emily (Kelly Bishop) that she is getting married and is hurt by her mother's disinterested reaction. Meanwhile; Rory (Alexis Bledel) obsesses about not having enough extracurriculars to get into Harvard and throws herself into building houses for charity.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Jared Padalecki as Dean Forester
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
- Liz Torres as Miss Patty
- Jackson Douglas as Jackson Belleville
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- Shelly Cole as Madeline Lynn
- Teal Redmann as Louise Grant
- ❝Luke – Yep, there's nothing like a wedding to screw up a family
- Lorelai – Or, in my case, there's nothing like a family to screw up a family❞
- Lane goes to Pusan.
- Max leaves for Toronto for two months.
- Emily says she wore a tiara at her wedding, but in Love and War and Snow when Rory shows the album with old pictures to her grandparents, they came across a wedding picture of Richard and Emily where Emily is not wearing a tiara.
- Paris has known Madeline since she was at least 8 years old.
- spring released | GRANT LEE PHILLIPS
- love will keep us together | CAPTAIN & TENNILLE
- one fine day | THE CHIFFONS
- until the real thing comes along | DEAN MARTIN
- love is everywhere I go | SAM PHILLIPS
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain
- Lorelai – (about her veil) And then there's the full on Diana.
- Paris – You have to go to college.
- Louise – Princess Grace didn't go to college.
- Paris – Thank you for the history lesson, A.J. Benza
- Lorelai – He's the one with the early plane. We don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. We can stay all night. Have a party, do some Jell-O shots, play "Light as a feather, stiff as a board."
- Lorelai – I have hit a level of perfection that has rarely been seen outside the Victoria's Secret catalog.
- Lorelai – Yeah, well, by the time I could get my jaw off the ground, Speed Racer had taken my plate.
- Lorelai – You know, the Gettysburg Address was only one page long, and that was about a war.
- Rory – Why don't you go on inside and you and my mother can continue the 'Rory's building a house' routine and when that gets boring you can move on over to Who's on First?
- Rory – Funny, I never pictured you as a Bob Vila kind of girl.
- Rory – Paris has been accumulating these things since she could walk. I mean, she has a list of good deeds that could bump Mother Teresa off the Harvard list.
- Michel – If I eat that, I cannot have my Boca Burger later.
- Rory – I will be tying yellow ribbons 'round the old oak trees
- Lorelai – These are women from countries that have dictatorships and civil wars and death squads and all of that they survived, but 5 minutes working for Emily Gilmore and people are begging for Castro
- Lorelai – Hey, whatever happened to Xuxa?
Notes and references
- ↑ First appearance of Tom, Stars Hollow's main contractor.