The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
At odds with the most important people in her life, Lorelai seeks wisdom in nature. Rory goes out for a wild night with an unexpected crowd.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- Milo Ventimiglia as Jess Mariano
- Jared Padalecki as Dean Forester
- Matt Czuchry as Logan Huntzberger
- David Sutcliffe as Christopher Hayden
- Alan Loayza as Colin McCrae
- Tanc Sade as Finn
- Nick Holmes as Robert
- Logan, Robert, Colin and Finn come to see Rory and take her on a night adventure resembling the ones they did with Life and Death Brigade.
- Logan wants to give Rory a house in Maine to write her book, but she declines and decides to write in the Gilmore House instead.
- Luke thinks Lorelai is planning on leaving him. She goes on her hiking trip, except she doesn't even start it, because she realizes what she wants. She comes home to Luke and asks him to marry her. They plan the wedding, but at the last minute, they decide to elope the night before. The wedding is witnessed by Rory, Lane and Michel.
- Emily leaves DAR and decides to sell the Gilmore house. She then buys a house in Nantucket and moves there with Berta and her family. She also starts a job in a whaling museum.
- Lorelai finds a building to use as an annex for the Dragonfly Inn and asks Emily for permission to use the money that Richard left Luke for franchising the diner, as that is not happening. Emily agrees. Because of this, we can assume that Michel is not leaving the inn.
- This is the first and only episode where Sookie appears. She comes back to the inn to bake a wedding cake for Lorelai and Luke.
- Lorelai gives Rory her blessing to write the book about their life under the name Gilmore Girls.
- Rory runs into Dean. We learn that he's married to a woman named Jenny and they have three kids and one on the way. They live in Scranton. His sister, Clara, lives in Berlin with a guy named Wolfgang, whom Dean isn't fond of.
- Rory goes to see Christopher, who's now in his family's business and is in a relationship with a woman named Lana. His daughter, Gigi, lives in Paris.
- Rory tells Lorelai she's pregnant, presumably with Logan's child.
- Miss Celine makes an appearance - she comes to alter Lorelai's wedding dress.
- Luke is friends with Kiefer Sutherland.
- This is both Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel's favourite episode of AYITL.
- Some critics argue it is the strongest installment of Season 8.
- Despite not being credited, Reverend Archie Skinner made a cameo appearance, officiating the wedding of Lorelai and Luke.
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.