What do you do when your guy doesn't call? Go to a hockey game. And if you're Rory, that's where you'll see your old boyfriend with his new girlfriend. Emily catches Gran kissing a strange man.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Jared Padalecki as Dean Forester
- Milo Ventimiglia as Jess Mariano
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
Special Guest Star
- Liz Torres as Miss Patty
- Emily Kuroda as Mrs. Kim
- Sally Struthers as Babette Dell
- Michael Winters as Taylor Doose
- Adam Brody as Dave Rygalski
- Adrian Sparks as Doug Doose
- Bob Larkin as Doose #2
- Todd Lowe as Zack Van Gerbig
- John Cabrera as Brian Fuller
- Arielle Kebbel as Lindsay Lister
- Samson Yi as Yiung Chui
- Gwen Van Dam as Mrs. Van Wyck
- Marie Bain as Hannah
- Paul Michael as Gran's Kissing Man
- Jon Hughes as Doose #1
- Dean and Lindsay are dating.
- Lane and Yiung Chui go on their fake date.
- For maybe the first time ever, Richard and Lorelai joke around and laugh, just the two of them.
- Rory tells the 'Mark Twain magnet' anecdote for the first time.
- Rory compares Dean and Jess again, which Lorelai advises against.
- Rory also complains that Jess is unpredictable, which she previously mentioned to Lane as exciting.
- Gran had a boyfriend from not too long after her husband died up until this point.
- Lane introduces the Christian Trio concept to Mrs. Kim.
- The guys perform "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" by Martin Luther
- Babette and Miss Patty perform "The Star-Spangled Banner" by Francis Scott Key
- "I Get Around" by The Beach Boys
- The Distillers
- Othello by William Shakespeare
- Lorelai – Good plan. Bay of Pigs, was that yours too?
- Lorelai – Where do you think the Susan Faludis of the world came from?
- Lorelai – You don't get breaks? Do you get food? Water? Should I get Michael Moore on the phone?
- Emily – I sound like a spoiled high-school girl.
- Lorelai – Not quite. You still haven't asked for the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and the convertible Rabbit.
- Lorelai – What would Miss Manners do?
- Richard – It's like a play by Molière.
Notes and references
- ↑ First appearance of Lindsay Lister