En pointe and in print. To get a story published in the school newspaper, Rory blasts the Yale ballet - and earns the lead ballerina's wrath. Jason finagles an invitation to the Gilmore's Friday dinner.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Chris Eigeman as Jason Stiles
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
- Danny Strong as Doyle McMaster
- Tricia O'Kelley as Nicole Leahy
- Katherine Brunk as Sandra
- Rusty Schwimmer as Bruce
- Nicole Mansour as Diane
- Jansen Wright as Ned
- Kevin Salter as Male Customer
- While Rory is seated, talking to her Mom on the phone, the girl in beige pants on the background walks by twice (43rd minute).
- The Wizard of Oz:
Tana Schrink: What about you?
Rory Gilmore: Me?
Janet Billings: Made anyone mad lately?
Paris Geller: Oh, please. That would be like Dorothy pissing off the Tin-Man. It's impossible.
- 8 Mile:
Rory Gilmore: Did you know that she studied Dance for fourteen years and has performed in Miami? Miami! That's pretty big. Miami.
Doyle McMaster: It's boring.
Rory Gilmore: Well, she almost got into Juliard.
Doyle McMaster: That's not interesting either.
Rory Gilmore: Well, no, but, these are simply background facts of a fascinating personal journey. A personal journey, of an artist struggling against the indifference of an indifferent society and just dancing as fast as she can and and. It's 8 Mile meets Fame.
See 8 Mile reference.
- Lorelai – Well, Siskel's chimed in. What about you?
- Emily – I'm refraining.
- Richard – It's a bit of a sore subject.
- Lorelai – We'll talk about something else.
- Emily – The garishness, the garishness.
- Lorelai – Thus spake Ebert.
- Doyle – Coffee mint? I'm addicted to these things. So is Bob Woodward.
- Doyle – Remember the New Zoo Revue?
- Lane – I'm guessing it means she's reserving a hall and ordering that "Stations of the Cross" ice sculpture.
- Paris – We need to rev up the gunships and retaliate before the next strike. We gotta go full-out Sharon.
- Paris – I got my East Side 860 partners on it. Now let's move.
- Lorelai – Capone? They got him for tax evasion.
- Lorelai – That's so strum your sitar, dig the maharishi, pass the Owsley, Summer of Love, flower power, hippie-dippie. I can't stand it.
- Lorelai – I thought it was Jason Priestley.
- Jason – It's nice to meet you. And I don't really go by Digger anymore.
- Lorelai – What is it, P. Digger now?
- Rory – I was harangued by an incensed ballerina.
- Lorelai – That is Salvador Dali surreal.
- Richard – So, which camp was it where you two met?
- Lorelai – Hm, it had a funny name and canoes.
- Jason – They all have funny names and canoes. Was it Camp Waziyatha?