- ❝Lorelai – Is that Condoleezza Rice?
- Kirk – Yes, it is. I'm a fan, and her big mouth is perfect for shoving mail in❞
Emily plans a launch party for Richard's new business and hires Lorelai and Sookie to be the caterers for the party. And Kirk prepares - extensively - for a date. But neither affair goes quite as expected.
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Sean Gunn as Kirk Gleason
- Chris Eigeman as Jason Stiles
- and Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- special appearance by
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore
- Biff Yeager as Tom
- Olivia Hack as Tanna Schrick
- Katie Walder as Janet Billings
- Ethan Cohn as Glenn Babble
- Jason Widener as The Tree Guy
- George Bell as Professor
- Aris Alvarado as Caesar
- Carolyn Wilson as Woman
- Rini Bell as Lulu Kuschner
- Soren Hellerup as Helmut
- Mary Faulkner as Secretary
- Melissa Jones as Maid
- Lorelai is furious at Jason for hurting Emily's feelings.
- This is the first time we hear anyone, in this case, Jason, call Lorelai by her camp nickname – Umlauts.
- Hans Christian Andersen, general author reference
- Snows of Kilimanjaro and Other Stories by Ernest Hemingway
- Emily – Find out what Jason's going to wear. I don't want the two of you showing up looking like the Bobbsey twins
- Tom – Well, the roof's about to cave in so I can stay within our budget, but then I'd just call 'em all Trigger
- Lorelai – Is that Condoleeza Rice?
- Paris – You'd think he was already President. I don't want to be Hillary.
- Lorelai – That's a good story. Hans Christian Andersen?
- Emily – Shame on you for swearing there's a flier. That's the worst possible thing you could do.
- Lorelai – Liv Tyler grew up her entire life thinking Todd Rundgren was her real father. You think that might knock this out of first place?
- Rory – My dorm room has turned into a Three Stooges movie.
- Kirk – Say I was Tom Cruise. Where would you seat me?
- Luke – In an acting class
- Rory – It's quiet but not Unabomber
- Lorelai – Every family has a Fredo.
Notes and references
- ↑ First appearance of Lulu